Aston Villa have completed the signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Andre Moreira on a season-long loan deal.Moreira has become the latest Aston Villa signing of the summer after the club was rocked with financial challenges. Moreira who has represented Portugal at under-21 level.The 22-year-old hasn’t made any La Liga appearance yet since joining Atleti in 2014. He, however, has had loan spells with Moreirense, Uniao da Madeira, Belenenses and Braga. ICYMI: Love Island might be over but we’re delighted to announce that a new boy has entered the Villa…#AVFC pic.twitter.com/I2rwt6RnDK— Aston Villa FC (@AVFCOfficial) August 1, 2018Aston Villa explains why they spent so much money on players Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Aston Villa’s chief executive, the team needed to spend £144.5 million on 12 players in order to stay competitive.“I am very excited. It’s such a big opportunity at such a big club.“It’s the perfect opportunity at the right moment. It’s a big move for me.“Aston Villa is a great football club – a famous football club.“The training facilities are great. I know the stadium is famous and historic. I just can’t wait to get started now,” he told the club website.According to BBC, Villa has secured new investment from billionaire businessmen Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris, who have reportedly shortlisted super-agent Jorge Mendes to assist in their recruitment.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been omitted from Portugal once again for the upcoming fixtures with Italy and PolandPortugal manager Fernando Santos had previously left out Ronaldo for the last two international breaks in September and October to allow him to settle in at Juventus.However, Santos refused to discuss why Ronaldo will not be among them this time and instead wished him luck in winning a record sixth Ballon d’Or.“The only thing I will say about Ronaldo is that I hope he wins the Ballon d’Or award,” said Santos on Twitter.“It’s not just about Ronaldo, I have said that nobody is excluded,” said Santos. “It’s not worth creating a big fuss about it.”Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.The European champions will face Italy next Saturday in the UEFA Nations League before hosting Poland three days later.Portugal squad for Italy and Poland: Goalkeepers: Rui Patricio, Beto, Claudio RamosDefenders: Cedric Soares, Joao Cancelo, Jose Fonte, Luis Neto, Pepe, Ruben Dias, Mario Rui, Raphael GuerreiroMidfielders: André Gomes, Bruno Fernandes, Danilo Pereira, Joao Mario, Pizzi, Renato Sanches, Ruben Neves, William CarvalhoForwards: Bernardo Silva, Bruma, Gonçalo Guedes, Rafa, André Silva, Eder
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are some of the newest job openings in Wilmington:Full-Time Customer Service Representative at Security InnovationFull-Time Graphic & Technical Designer by PetRageous DesignsFull-TIme Special Hazards Technician at Hiller CompaniesFull-Time Fire Alarm Technician & Installer at Hiller CompaniesFull-Time Telecommunications Cable Technician at MTS Services Inc.Full-Time Human Resources Intern at Charles River LabsFull-Time Technician I at Charles River LabsFull-Time Delivery Driver at Optima ShippingPart-Time Spanish Teacher at Abundant LifeFull-Time & Part-Time Mover at Two Men And A Truck(NOTE: Wilmington businesses — Feel free to send me your job postings at email@example.com.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedNOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 50 New Job Openings In Wilmington (Week of August 18, 2019)In “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”
Governor Mike Dunleavy announced his new public safety team Wednesday morning.Kevin Clarkson is the new Attorney General. The private practice attorney is replacing Jahna Lindemuth. Clarkson’s clients have included a homeless shelter that turned away a transgender woman, and opponents of campaign-finance restrictions. He received relatively poor ratings from lawyers when he applied for a state Supreme Court seat two years ago.Amanda Price, a victim’s advocate, will take over the Department of Public Safety from former commissioner Walt Monegan.The Department of Corrections will be led by Nancy Dahlstrom. She is a former Alaska House member from Eagle River who was recently elected again to the House. Her appointment creates a vacancy in the House. She is taking over from Dean Williams.During the announcement at the Crime Lab in Anchorage, Dunleavy stressed the importance of public safety and crime reduction.“The primary function of any governor and any state government, to be frank, is to keep people safe,” he said. “And that’s why we’ve taken time to really look at folks that we believe are going to get us. And we’re not rolling out people individually one at a time, we’re working as a package – as group – because we have to start working out of our silos. We have to work as a package, as a team.”Dunleavy said his team will be working with others to repeal and replace SB 91, one of his campaign promises. SB 91 is the criminal justice reform bill passed in 2016.He said he will shift money from other state departments toward efforts to reduce crime.Dunleavy said only a couple of the at-will state workers who recently were asked to submit their resignations say they don’t want to continue to work for the state.“I would anticipate that the vast majority of those individuals will be back. They’ve expressed a desire to do so,” he said. “And so the commissioners will be taking a look at the individuals that want to be part of those departments.”Some other workers didn’t comply with the request to resign. Dunleavy’s team said those workers will lose their jobs.Correction: A previous version of this story said that Dahlstrom was a state legislator from Eagle River, and would resign her house seat. She is a former legislator who was elected again to a non-consecutive term and has not yet been sworn in.
Kolkata Police resorted to teargas shelling and used water cannons to disperse the mob.Twitter/ANIThe Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers were allegedly lathi-charged by the Kolkata Police during a massive protest march in the city. The cops resorted to teargas shelling and used water cannons to disperse the crowd as many gathered near the police headquarters.The BJP workers, who were protesting against the killings of their party workers in the state, clashed with the Kolkata Police. The incident happened as the workers tried to hold a protest march to Lalbazar near the police headquarters.Watch the video here:#WATCH: Kolkata police baton charge at BJP workers on Bepin Behari Ganguly Street. They were marching towards Lal Bazar protesting against TMC govt. #WestBengal pic.twitter.com/RxIGPSqBGd— ANI (@ANI) June 12, 2019Despite repeated appeals by the police to stop the protest, hundreds of party workers insisted on marching, triggering the clash. Here are a few visuals from the spot: To stop the protests from flaring up, cops erected barricades which were taken down by the BJP workers. A senior police officer told news agency IANS: “Barricades have been put up at all the important junctures across the nine possible entry points to Lalbazar.” “Personnel armed with water cannons and tear gas shells will be posted at various points,” the officer added.As Section 144 of CRPC was imposed near the Kolkata Police headquarters, around five Mahila Morcha workers of BJP were detained for violating the law. However, the protest was called off by the BJP leaders including Kailash Vijayvargiya, Locket Chatterjee and others.Post the Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal, tensions between the BJP and the ruling Trinamool Congress have escalated as BJP managed to secure 18 out of the total 42 seats. The Trinamool Congress had to settle with 22 seats while the Congress party won two seats in the state.
Listen X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Ed MayberryJackie Ford with the Houston law firm VorysMany offices have guidelines that prohibit wearing political clothing or bringing campaign material into the workplace. The same goes for sending political emails to co-workers, or using work time to air your political views on social media.Jackie Ford is with the Houston law firm Vorys. She has advice on talking about politics in the workplace, and knowing when to change the subject — or just to walk away. 00:00 /03:32 Share
Drew Angerer/Getty ImagesRick Saccone, Republican candidate for Pennsylvania’s 18th congressional district, takes questions form reporters last week in Pittsburgh. Saccone has needed millions of dollars in spending from Republican allies to stave off the strong challenge from the Democratic candidate, Conor Lamb.At least for one more day, the hills of southwestern Pennsylvania are alive with the sound of campaign cash.Voters in the state’s 18th congressional district tomorrow elect a new member of Congress. It’s a surprisingly close race in this reliably-Republican district between Democratic former prosecutor Conor Lamb, and Republican state legislator Rick Saccone. GOP and conservative groups are shoveling in dollars to overcome Saccone’s lackluster fundraising — this despite his claim that he “was Trump before Trump was Trump.”The Center for Responsive Politics reported Friday the two sides had spent a total of $15.6 million — slightly more than the most costly House races in 2016, although far less than the maelstrom of a special election in Georgia last year, which cost $69.2 million.Republicans have poured more than twice as much into the Pennsylvania race as Democrats. That flood of spending comes even though the district won’t exist after this November’s election following the state Supreme Court’s decision to redraw Pennsylvania’s 18 congressional districts. Neither Lamb nor Saccone will reside in the redrawn district.Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans in the 18th, but it votes Republican. Trump carried the 18th in 2016 with 58 percent of the vote.Republican Rep. Tim Murphy represented the district from 2003 until this year. He resigned due to an extramarital affair in which he suggested his partner get an abortion. Tomorrow’s election is to choose his successor.Republicans fear that a loss will chill their hopes of holding control of the House this fall. There’s anxiety that if Lamb wins, more Republican incumbents will join the record-setting 37 of their colleagues already headed for the Capitol Hill exit ramp.White House counselor Kellyanne Conway campaigned for Saccone last week, and President Trump flew in for a rally Saturday. Donald Trump Jr. is expected to campaign for Saccone today. Vice President Mike Pence, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and Ivanka Trump campaigned in February.Among the luminaries who have stumped for Lamb is former vice president Joe Biden, who visited the district last week.Saccone’s small-town style of campaigning has put him nearly on the sidelines of the campaign. As of last week, he had spent $613,000 to Lamb’s $3 million.“Rick Saccone has had difficulty raising money, to be candid,” a Republican political operative familiar with the race told NPR. He said Saccone “doesn’t have a natural fundraising base [and] has never really had to do it” in his campaigns for the state legislature.So the energy behind the Saccone effort is brought in from Washington, D.C.: the National Republican Congressional Committee and Republican National Committee, plus superPACs Congressional Leadership Fund and America First Action. They and their allies have spent $10.3 million, versus $1.7 million by pro-Lamb entities.“Normally this would be a bad strategy [for Republicans], but it’s clearly the way to stay competitive,” said political scientist Michael Franz, with the Wesleyan Media Project, which tracks campaign advertising and spending. He said that ordinarily, “it could lead to repeat messages or competitive messages,” which would hurt, not help, the candidate.In the 2016 elections, Murphy ran unopposed and spent $1.5 million. No outside groups got involved.Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/. Share
López Obrador CampaignMexican candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador has been leading in polls in the upcoming presidential election in Mexico, to take place in July 2018. He’s been running for president since 2006. Listen 00:00 /05:01 X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Interview Highlights: Alfredo CorchadoOn the candidates running:“Andres Manuel López Obrador [of the National Regeneration Movement, or MORENA] has the double-digit lead. He has three main competitors. You have a young 39-year-old named Ricardo Anaya of the conservative National Action Party (PAN), José Antonio Meade, of the conservative Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI), which is the ruling party, and for the first time, there’s an independent candidate named Margarita Zavala, who’s the wife of former president Felipe Calderón. Some people in Mexico called her the ‘Hillary wannabe,’ and it is believed she will play more of a spoiler role.”NPRJournalist and writer Alfredo CorchadoHow President Trump will affect the election after he tweeted about “caravans of people” from Central America coming through Mexico:“Up until now, the United States and President Trump was not much of an impact. I was just in Mexico City talking to experts and analysts that were saying this election will be defined by more domestic issues. After Sunday, you can see all candidates beginning to respond to President Trump.“The danger of this is you put a nationalistic streak in the campaign and it becomes an anti-United States campaign, I think that will be bad for both sides because both countries are economically and culturally entwined.” The midterm elections have been a priority this year in the U.S., but the country also has a stake in the presidential election in Mexico. Alfredo Corchado, the Border-Mexico correspondent for The Dallas Morning News, covered the presidential campaign launch this week of one candidate in the northern states of Mexico. “It is a far more prosperous, wealthy area than the rest of Mexico,” he said. “And yet, these are states that are engulfed in drug violence, there’s so much corruption. There’s so much trade with the United States, but the wages for workers remain virtually unchanged in the last 30 years.”In KERA‘s Friday Conversation, Corchado says the election should be on Texans’ radar because the outcome could affect U.S.-Mexico relations for years to come. Share
January 24, 2000Allen and Louisa cook a healthy meal in the Arcosanti Cafe.Photo by: Doctress Neutopia
Russia’s CTC Media has appointed former MTV Russia executive Lika Blank as the new head of its female-skewing network, Domashny Channel.Blank, who takes up her new role effective of today, will be tasked with increasing the channel’s audience share among the ‘young female’ demographic.She will also be responsible for planning the channel’s strategic development, strengthening its creative team and “reinforcing the channel’s content policy.”“We all really love Domashny Channel and believe in its huge potential for further growth. With Lika Blank’s appointment, the market and viewers will see a new Domashny this year,” according to CTC Media’s Chief Executive Officer, Yuliana Slashcheva.Blank brings 16 years of TV and journalism experience to the role. From 2010 to 2013, she was general producer at MTV Russia, prior to which she worked for two years as executive producer and head of business development for the national German television channel Das Vierte.She replaces Natalia Korotkova, who had been head of Domashny Channel since October 2012.