All articles about 上海水磨

Boost in Irish camp ahead of Australia rugby clash

first_imgConnacht’s Ultan Dillane and Munster’s Peter O’Mahony have been declared fit.CJ Stander and Rob Kearney are said to be making good progress in their recovery.Both are going through return-to-play protocols.last_img

Reports – Man United launch surprise bid for Southampton star Sadio Mane

first_img1 Manchester United have submitted a shock bid for Southampton winger Sadio Mane, after the club abandoned their pursuit of Barcelona star Pedro.Reports claim the Red Devils tabled an offer for the 23-year-old Senegal international last week, with Louis van Gaal supposedly ending the Pedro deal himself.United have been linked with a move for the Spanish forward for most of the summer, and were thought to be close to completing the deal this week with cheif executive Ed Woodward flying to Barcelona for negotiations.But fans were stunned by news on Wednesday that Premier League rivals Chelsea had hijacked the deal at the eleventh hour.However, it is now claimed Van Gaal cut the deal short upon hearing of Pedro’s reservations about signing for the 20-time champions, which left the door open for the Blues to swoop in for the Canary Islander.The exact status of the Mane bid is unknown, but the Saints are thought to be unwilling to sell the player, who has played a key role for the club following his £10million arrival from Red Bull Salzburg last summer.Mane netted ten goals in 34 appearances in his first season at St Mary’s, including the fastest hat-trick in Premier League history in the 6-1 win over Aston Villa.Despite making five signings this summer, United manager Louis van Gaal believes his squad lack pace and creativity, and sees Mane as the man to fill the void at Old Trafford.Read more: ‘I’d rather we kept Nani!’ – Man United fans divided over links with Southampton forward Sadio Mane Southampton forward Sadio Mane last_img read more

Warriors’ Klay Thompson expected to return vs. Denver

first_imgKlay Thompson subscribes. You can too for just 11 cents a day for 11 months + receive a free Warriors Championship book. Sign me up!OAKLAND — For a man of few words, Klay Thompson’s on-court actions revealed everything about his health.The Warriors (44-20) listed Thompson as probable to play in Friday’s game against the Denver Nuggets (43-21) at Oracle Arena after missing the previous two with a sore right knee. Thompson participated in Thursday’s practice and completed his customary …last_img read more

Isithimela to get Gautrain on track

first_imgSouth Africa presently makes use of the narrower Cape gauge, which measure 1 065mm between the tracks. 24 November 2008 Machaka explained to BuaNews that Isithimela would be the first local company to lay 1 435mm or standard gauge tracks, which is the predominant track gauge used internationally. “Under the partnership, Isithimela has been sub-contracted to execute the track works aspect of the Gautrain project, for a contract value estimated at approximately R800-million,” she told BuaNews in Johannesburg this week. Bombardier Transportation UK and local black economic empowerment company Strategic Partners Group have launched Isithimela Rail Services, a new company that will be responsible for laying the track works in South Africa’s Gautrain rapid rail link project. In addition, she said there was an intention that the company would undertake track maintenance on the Gautrain project during the 15-year concession operational period. Approximately 180km of rail will be laid for the Gautrain, which will connect Johannesburg, Pretoria and OR Tambo International Airport. South African first According to Bombela Concession Company spokesperson Kelebogile Machaka, both companies will hold a 50% shareholding in Isithimela. “To date, Isithimela has started laying close to seven kilometres of track at the Gautrain depot, while works along Gautrain’s mainline have recently commenced.” Also at the event, Gauteng provincial transport minister Ignatius Jacobs launched and named two specialised track laying equipment. Both machines are being used on the project to set the track horizontally and vertically, as well as to combat the ballast beneath and around concrete sleepers.center_img “The standard gauge tracks are wider than usual rail tracks used in South Africa and offer greater balance and safety for a high-speed rail service,” she said. African expansion aspirations Speaking to BuaNews, Isithimela Rail Services chairman David Moshapalo said the company’s objective was to build capacity to enable it to execute the track work, which would also position the company for further business opportunities outside of the Gautrain project. Moshapalo explained that during the Gautrain development period, Isithimela would focus on various scopes of work, including the installation of both ballasted and ballast-less track, supply materials for the installation works, and provide plant services and equipment to execute the track works. Technology, skills transfer “Our goal is to furthermore tender for other track work contracts on the African continent, so as to create more jobs for our people,” he said. Since the Isithimela partnership commenced in January, it has provided employment for over 230 mainly local people. In order to build capacity and know-how, Bombardier Transportation UK has seconded specialised expatriate staff and management to Isithimela. “Local technicians have learnt to work with brand new technology, while entrepreneurs found new markets for their services,” Jacobs said. “Their task is to transfer their expert knowledge, skills and technology to the locally employed staff complement who are intended to manage the company into the future.” Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

South Africa commits R8m to Somalia

first_img11 August 2011 The South African government has committed R8-million to helping people starving in Somalia. R4-million of this will go to disaster relief organisation Gift of the Givers, which has already run a temporary clinic in Mogadishu and is preparing for its next trip to the drought-ravaged country. Deputy International Relations Minister Marius Fransman said the government had responded to the humanitarian crisis confronting Somalia by raising R8-million for its famine relief programme. Fransman was speaking on Tuesday at Johannesburg’s OR International Airport, where he welcomed a group of Gift of the Givers volunteers who were able to assist over 5 000 Somalis when they set up a temporary clinic in Mogadishu last week. In acknowledging the work that Gift of the Givers had done both in Somalia and across the world, Fransman said the government will donate R4-million of the R8-million to the organization. The balance would be donated to other organizations undertaking relief programmes in Somalia.‘Play your Part’ for Somalia The Department of International Relations and Cooperation, in partnership with the International Marketing Council of South Africa, has teamed up with Gift of the Givers to launch the Somalia Relief Campaign, which aims to galvanise South Africans to make donations for relief efforts in the East African country. According to Fransman, the mass mobilisation campaign will be delivered through multi-channel platforms consisting of print and radio adverts requesting South Africans to “Play their Part” in assisting the people of Somalia by making donations to them through Gift of the Givers. “We hereby call upon all the people of South Africa across all the sectors – business, civil society, and even ordinary citizens – to support this initiative,” Fransman said. Imtiaz Sooliman of Gift of the Givers said they planned to return to Somalia as soon as they had reloaded supplies. “Free planes, tons of food, medicines and cash in millions given. Gift of the Givers prepares delivery of 1 000 tons of aid to Somalia with immediate effect,” Sooliman said on the Gift of the Givers website. Sooliman said the organisation was in dire need of food items like rice, maize, sugar, salt, oil, beans, canned items, water, dates, dishes, pot sets and toys for the kids in Somalia. Anyone wanting to donate to the Gift of the Givers for their next mission to Somalia can call 0800 786 911 or visit www.giftofthegivers.org. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

Gauteng Department of Education, 20 years on

first_imgSince 1994, the Department of Education has built 153 primary schools, and 128 secondary schools. In addition, more than 7 069 classrooms were built in existing schools to meet an increased demand for schools in the province; 11 946 toilet seats were also provided. (Image: mediaclubsouthafrica.com)• Phumla SekhonyaneChief Director: CommunicationDepartment of Education+27 11 355 [email protected] Jane CookThe Gauteng Department of Education‘s 20 Years in Review conference, held at Turffontein Racecourse on 15 April, reflected on improvements in public education in the province since 1994. Attended by some 700 education professionals, including members of school governing bodies, teachers, principals and other interested parties, the conference was based on an independent review conducted into public schooling in Gauteng from 1994 to 2014. The department commissioned researchers at the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Education to conduct the review in 2013.The review covered how education in the province has changed since 1994, its current state, and what has been achieved in the sector over the past 20 years. The conference also addressed challenges yet to be tackled and shortfalls in the sector, and the department’s priorities for the future.“We thought it prudent that as we celebrate 20 years of democracy in our country, we should use this time to reflect on the gains made and the road ahead,” said Gauteng Education MEC, Barbara Creecy.Creecy added, “How far we have come becomes clear if we turn the clock back 20 years from 1994 as a mirror to today. Systems differed for white, African, Indian and coloured children, with curricula for African children particularly designed – in Verwoerd’s [prime minister of apartheid South Africa from 1958 to 1966] words – to produce the ‘hewers of wood and drawers of water’ that white South Africa required to do the hard and dirty work.”Improvements in Gauteng schoolsAccording to the review, the department’s achievements include:• The number of children in school growing by 59% (809 334) from 1.3 million in 1994 to 2.1 million in 2014.• The number of children in special schools growing by 65%, from 25 515 in 1994 to 42 058 in 2014. A special school is one not categorised as an ordinary school – these include schools for children with disabilities and those offering specialised education.• The increased recruitment and distribution of teachers, from 44 020 across the public school system in 1995 to 54 803, to meet the challenges of increasing pupil numbers.• In special schools, teacher numbers are up since 1995, growing from 2028 to 3059 teachers in 2014.Creecy noted further achievements: that the numbers of students writing matric had increased by 33% since 1996, from 73 164 to 97 897 and that the matric pass rate increased from 61% in 1994 to 87% in 2013.Since 1994, the Department of Education has built 153 primary schools, and 128 secondary schools. In addition, more than 7 069 classrooms were built in existing schools to meet an increased demand for schools in the province; 11 946 toilet seats were also provided.Creecy added: “We also built 300 administration blocks, 204 media centres, 443 multi-purpose classrooms and 1204 computer centres to ensure that incomplete schools were provided with the necessary structures to ensure that they become fully functioning schools.”Since 1994, the department has also built 611 Grade R classrooms in existing schools to support the universal rollout of Grade R across the province.The MEC also pointed out that the flow-through rate of Gauteng students is the best in the country. The flow-through rate measures how many pupils stay in school from Grade 1 through to Grade 12. The flow-through rate in 2013 was 63%, compared with 42% in 2006. She said, “All of these successes must be seen against the backdrop of a growing number of no-fee schools and this means, in practical terms, that education is free for the majority of our children in Gauteng public schools.”Creecy identified three areas to focus on in the future: teacher development; a social plan to address issues such as bullying, school violence and ill-discipline; and school governance, including improvement training for governing bodies.She concluded by saying, “Twenty years on we are celebrating 20 years of freedom, reflecting on what we have achieved. It is time to understand that education is a right and not a privilege.”last_img read more

US likely to give 6 months notice to withdraw from NAFTA reports

first_imgCanadian government officials say there’s an increasing likelihood that the U.S. will give six months’ notice to withdraw from the North American Free Trade Agreement, according to separate reports from Reuters and Bloomberg.The Canadian dollar and the Toronto stock index fell on the news.The Loonie closed at an average trading price of 80.03 cents US, down 0.27 of a U.S. cent.The S&P/TSX composite index lost 71.29 points to 16,247.95, with industrials among the main decliners.The rate on Canada’s two-year government bonds declined seven basis points to 1.73 per cent, dropping from a six-year high reached Tuesday.CIBC chief economist Avery Shenfeld says a Bank of Canada interest rate hike next week is not a given.“The existing Bank of Canada forecast had assumed no change in trade relationships, so this is a negative for their outlook,” said Shenfeld.Talks to overhaul NAFTA between the U.S., Canada and Mexico began in August but have so far yielded few results. A sixth round of negotiations will begin this month in Montreal.last_img read more

Nyay money to be deposited in ac of women Rahul Gandhi

first_imgWanaparthy (Telangana): Seeking to woo women voters, Congress president Rahul Gandhi Monday said the Rs 72,000 money proposed to be given to the poor by Congress under the ‘ Nyay’ scheme would be deposited in their bank accounts. “This money would go to the bank account of the woman in a family. Every month, this money will directly go to the bank account of women. Crores of women will get power and India would stand on its own,” he said, addressing an election rally at Wanaparthy under Nagarkurnool Lok Sabha constituency. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ The scheme would jumpstart the country’s economy as the beneficiaries would start making purchases with the money received by them, Gandhi said. The economy has been paralysed following demonetisation implemented by the NDA government, he alleged. If the UPA came to power, 33 per cent reservation would be given to women in the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and State assemblies, Gandhi said. He also said 33 per cent of Central government jobs would be reserved for women.last_img read more

ExBuckeye kicking away with Crew

Eric Brunner knows how to perform well for his team, past and present. Just two years ago, the starting Columbus Crew defender was leading the Ohio State men’s soccer team to the 2007 NCAA College Cup National Championship and its winningest season in program history as a senior team captain. Today, the native of Dublin, Ohio prepares with the rest of the black and gold for the CONCACAF Champions League matchup vs. Saprissa of Costa Rica in an 8 p.m. kickoff at Crew Stadium. A Crew victory will advance the team through group play into the quarterfinals of the International Championship League. Between the Champions League and MLS play, the Crew is in the process of completing seven matches in 21 days, and Brunner has done his part. Last Saturday, in MLS play, Columbus (12-4-10) defeated the Los Angeles Galaxy, 2-0, in front of a sell-out crowd to remain at the top of the Eastern Conference and continue its MLS-record home unbeaten streak to 24 matches. En route to the Crew’s eighth shutout of the season, in the 59th minute, Brunner blasted an 80-yard ball down the left side where forward Emilio Renteria ran onto the pass and headed into the penalty area to set up the final goal of the match. “They’re a really good team,” Brunner, who has started 20 games for the Crew in 2009, said. “They’ve had some great results this year and only lost a handful of games this season and we knew they were going to come in tough. We just wanted to out-work them and let the ball do the work on a fast pitch.” Winning matches with a complete team effort has been the name of the game for the defending MLS champions. Columbus Crew coach Robert Warzycha’s plan coming into the final month of regular-season play is making sure his players are well rested and ready to compete when their numbers are called. “We have a very important game against Saprissa,” Warzycha said. “We don’t have a reserve on the team. Everybody here on this club is contributing. We have a very deep squad. I can go with any player and as long as we are playing as a team, we can be very successful.” This game is crucial for both teams. In the Champions League standings in Group C, the Crew (2-2-0) sits in second with six points, while Saprissa (1-2-1) follows in third with four points. Earlier this month, on Sept. 16, the Crew defeated Saprissa on the road 1-0, and look forward to continued success against its group opponent. The 23-year-old Brunner, a former first-team All-Big Ten and NSCAA first-team All-American with the Buckeyes, will consistently have an impact stopping opposing forwards, and as shown over the weekend can make game-changing plays for the offense. The Crew returns to MLS play 7:30 p.m. Saturday against the Seattle Sounders FC at Crew Stadium to complete a four-match home swing. read more

Aston Villa confirms signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper

first_imgAston Villa have completed the signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Andre Moreira on a season-long loan deal.Moreira has become the latest Aston Villa signing of the summer after the club was rocked with financial challenges. Moreira who has represented Portugal at under-21 level.The 22-year-old hasn’t made any La Liga appearance yet since joining Atleti in 2014. He, however, has had loan spells with Moreirense, Uniao da Madeira, Belenenses and Braga. ICYMI: Love Island might be over but we’re delighted to announce that a new boy has entered the Villa…#AVFC pic.twitter.com/I2rwt6RnDK— Aston Villa FC (@AVFCOfficial) August 1, 2018Aston Villa explains why they spent so much money on players Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Aston Villa’s chief executive, the team needed to spend £144.5 million on 12 players in order to stay competitive.“I am very excited. It’s such a big opportunity at such a big club.“It’s the perfect opportunity at the right moment. It’s a big move for me.“Aston Villa is a great football club – a famous football club.“The training facilities are great. I know the stadium is famous and historic. I just can’t wait to get started now,” he told the club website.According to BBC, Villa has secured new investment from billionaire businessmen Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris, who have reportedly shortlisted super-agent Jorge Mendes to assist in their recruitment.last_img read more