All articles about 外卖自带工作室安全么

Tamil journalist’s home searched again

first_img to go further Receive email alerts Sri Lanka: Journalist manhandled by notorious police inspector currently on trial Organisation July 15, 2020 Find out more Help by sharing this information News Sri LankaAsia – Pacific A dozen police without a warrant searched the Colombo home of Dharmaratnam Sivaram, editor of the news website tamilnet.com, for the second time in three months on 23 July. Reporters Without Borders deplored the post-midnight raid as unjustified and said it was worried about his safety. RSF_en July 29, 2020 Find out more News News Follow the news on Sri Lanka Sri Lanka: RSF signs joint statement on attacks against human rights defenders, lawyers and journalists July 23, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Tamil journalist’s home searched again News Sri LankaAsia – Pacific Sri Lanka: tamil reporter held on absurd terrorism charge January 13, 2021 Find out more A dozen police without a warrant searched the Colombo home of Dharmaratnam Sivaram, editor of the news website tamilnet.com, for the second time in three months on 23 July. Reporters Without Borders deplored the post-midnight raid as unjustified and said it was worried about his safety.When police arrived, Sivaram, who works for the national Daily Mirror and founded Tamilnet, was with two friends, Rajpal Abeynayake of the Sri Lanka Sunday Times and an MP for the eastern district of Batticaloa, Senathirajah Jeyanandamoorthy, who was searched despite having parliamentary immunity.Police first raided Sivaram’s home on 3 May.________________________________________________________4.05.2004Reporters Without Borders fears for safety of Tamil journalist Dharmaratnam SivaramReporters Without Borders (Reporters sans frontières) has expressed its fears for the safety of Tamil journalist Dhamaratnam Sivaram (“Taraki”) head of the news website www.tamilnet.com, who has received threats and had his Colombo home searched by police.The international press freedom organisation urged home affairs minister Amarasiri Dodangoda for a public explanation of the treatment of Sivaram, a columnist and head of the news website www.tamilnet.com, and to provide genuine guarantees for his safety.Around 40 police raided Sivaram’s home on the night of 3 May 2004 – World Press Freedom Day. The journalist was out at the time but his wife and three children were at home. The family feel intimidated. They were only shown an identification car by a police officer. Police, who told the family that they were looking for weapons, searched his office. Possession of weapons is an offence for which an accused can not be bailed under Sri lankan law.Sivaram, a regular contributor to the Tamil service of the BBC World Service, also received threats from an unknown source. Journalists in Colombo told Reporters Without Borders that paramilitary groups from the east of the country, could want revenge on Tamilnet.com for recent coverage of the spilt from LTTE lead by former eastern commander Karuna.”Dharmaratnam Sivaram has enough enemies for some vengeful groups to take advantage of the post-electoral situation to target a journalist known to have condemned them and for his stance in support of the Norwegian-sponsored peace process,” said Reporters Without Borders in its letter to Amarasiri Dodangoda. This search was conducted while Norwegian peace delegates are in Colombo at the invitation of the president.Sivaram himself told the organisation, “there appears to be a major threat to my life.” In 2001, Sivaram was branded as a spy for the Tamil Tigers and was attacked by armed men.Tamil journalist Mylvaganam Nimalarajan was murdered a few days after October 2000 elections, the organisation recalled. last_img read more

Limerick accepted to the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition

first_imgAdvertisement MINISTER for Education and Skills, Richard Bruton TD, was on hand last week to help BT Ireland announce a record number of entries for the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition, which takes place on 11-14 January 2017. In total 2,091 project ideas were submitted by secondary students from 375 schools across the island, an increase of 2% from the 2016 exhibition. Of the 550 projects shortlisted to compete at the exhibition, 54 come from Limerick secondary schools, with a total of 120 students from fourteen local schools heading to the RDS in January.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Twitter The 53rd BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition will take place in the RDS, Dublin from 11th-14th January 2017.  There are over 140 teacher and pupil awards to be won, including cash prizes, international trips and the overall title of BT Young Scientist & Technologist(s) of the Year. For more information on the exhibition, log ontoor follow the exhibition on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat @BTYSTE. Email The 2017 entries at a glance:·         2,091 entries received·         4,591 students·         375 schools represented across the island·         Cork has the highest number of entries from any county, followed by Dublin and Limerick in second and third place·         Entrants are 61% female, 39% male·         1622 group entries and 469 individual entries·         Social & Behavioural Sciences was the most popular category (41% of entries), followed by Biological & Ecological Sciences (29%), Technology (16%) and Chemical, Physical & Mathematical Sciences (14%). WhatsApp The 53rd BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition attracted individual and group entries from 4,591 students in total, an increase of over 3% on last year. These hail from 31 counties, and girls once again out-numbered the boys with a gender split of 61% female to 39% male entrants. Students submitted ideas and innovations on subjects ranging from migration to climate change to concussion injuries, with Social & Behavioural Sciences the most popular category (41% of entries). Facebook Linkedin Print NewsEducationLimerick accepted to the BT Young Scientist & Technology ExhibitionBy Staff Reporter – November 6, 2016 791 Previous articleElvis and Shakespeare, getting All Shook UpNext articleLimerick Repair Directory launched online Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ielast_img read more

‘Sanchez snubbed Barcelona switch’

first_imgPremier League ‘Spurs star Sanchez snubbed Barcelona switch’ – Osorio Alex Fisher Last updated 1 year ago 17:16 11/17/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) davinsonsanchez - cropped Getty Images Premier League Tottenham Hotspur Barcelona Primera División The Tottenham defender rejected the advances of the Catalan club earlier in his career, instead choosing to sign for Dutch giants Ajax Tottenham defender Davinson Sanchez opted to snub advances from Barcelona to join Ajax on the advice of Mexico coach Juan Carlos Osorio.Spurs 3/1 for clean sheet v ArsenalOsorio discovered Sanchez as a 17-year-old in Colombia and helped develop the central defender during their time at Atletico Nacional. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player His form in Medellin attracted interest from Europe’s elite, with Catalan giants Barca keen to take him to Camp Nou – according to Osorio.With plenty of options available to him, Sanchez sought the advice of his coach and Osorio was in no doubt he should snub Barca in favour of a switch to Ajax.Sanchez followed his mentor’s advice and after one season in Amsterdam joined Spurs for a reported £42 million.Davinson Sanchez, Tottenham Hotspur 09132017Osorio is delighted to have seen the progression made by his former protege and believes his advice earlier in his career was proved right.”I remember him calling me and asking if he should go to Ajax or Barcelona, who were also interested,” he told Sky Sports. “I just thought the best thing for him was to play football, and maybe in Barcelona he would not get playing time, he would be a sub.”That is what he decided to do and then he went to Holland. He played a very good season and Tottenham decided to go for him.”That’s fantastic to see. When a player can have such an improving career in such a short period of time.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more