All articles about 学校门口最新暗号

Limerick colleges show solidarity with Berkeley students

first_imgLimerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin Advertisement Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Twitter WhatsApp TAGSBerkeleyfeaturedlimerickMary Immaculate CollegeUniversity of Limerick NewsLimerick colleges show solidarity with Berkeley studentsBy John Keogh – June 18, 2015 488 center_img Previous articleIrish Water expected to use Shannon to solve Dublin water crisisNext articlePeace at last for Limerick-based hero John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Facebook by Kathy [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up FLAGS were flown at half mast in the University of Limerick this week to pay tribute to the six students who died in Berkeley, California when an apartment balcony collapsed on Tuesday.It is understood that none of the students involved were from Limerick, however UL issued a statement saying: “All of the students involved in the tragic accident in Berkeley, California and their family and friends, are in the hearts and minds of the University of Limerick community at this time of loss.”The Mary Immaculate College Students Union also extended sympathies to the families and friends of the six students and said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with their friends and families and with those who have been injured.“For any of our students who have been affected by this tragedy, we would like to remind you that MISU can be reached by phone +353 (0)61 400013, email ([email protected] or [email protected]) or through Facebook.”The deceased were named as: Eimear Walsh (21), Niccolai Schuster (21), Lorcán Miller (21), Olivia Burke (21), Eoghan Culligan (21) and Ashley Donohoe (22); Ms Donoghue was a native of California, the other five all hailed from South Dublin.The names of the remaining seven injured students have not been released. Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed livelast_img read more

Planning Division develops guidelines for potential tourism developers

first_img Share Acting Chief Physical Planner, Annie EdwardsThe Planning Department has taken a proactive approach in assisting prospective tourism investors in ensuring that their structures are in sync with Dominica’s sustainable tourism development thrust. Over the past ten months, the Planning Division in collaboration with a number of key stakeholders has been working on putting together a number of guidelines for sustainable development tourism.Last week, the Planning Division teamed up with the Invest Dominica Authority in staging a workshop for new tourism developers at the Jungle Bay Resort and Spa. At that workshop, acting Chief Physical Planner Annie Edwards spoke to some of the new guidelines which must be taken into consideration when constructing tourism related properties in Dominica.Ms Edwards told GIS News these guidelines are necessary to ensure that developers incorporate sustainable elements into their designs.“They focus on things like energy efficiency, the design of yours structure so that it takes into consideration the natural light, the natural ventilation, things like disposal of waste, design of the building in an architectural way that is in keeping with the Dominican architecture and another focus is on the environment you develop your plan within. A lot of people, when they start their construction, they go ahead and cut down the natural vegetation; they do not design it in a way that takes the natural elements of the site into consideration. These guidelines will give people some ideas of how they can design in an environmental friendly way.”The use of renewable energy is also a very important concept that the planning division is hoping that developers would consider when designing their properties.“It is predicted that there will be stronger hurricanes, more droughts and so forth. As a result, using droughts as an example, developers should develop their buildings in a way like I have said before, that takes the natural ventilation into consideration. If this is done, it will not only help in terms of allowing proper airflow but would also assist in lessening the use of air-conditioning. If it is designed in a proper way, you use less air conditions. Consequently, there will be less use of energy. You use more natural lighting; therefore there will be less use of energy. We have noticed at the Planning Division, that a lot of people use a lot of massive concrete making those buildings so uncomfortable. If they just had some guidelines, some advice at an early stage, this could have been avoided.”Meanwhile, Government recently announced a waiver of import duties on renewable equipment for tourism investors.“In regards to the renewable energy, whilst Planning has said that the initial capital outlay may be a bit costly, Government recognising the importance of having renewable, has been giving the waiver of import duties on various renewable items. Therefore, investors who want to put this in place for their establishment can benefit from duty-free concessions on the renewable equipment required for their development.”For more on other incentives you can contact the Invest Dominica Authority.by Emmanuel Joseph Sharing is caring! LocalNews Planning Division develops guidelines for potential tourism developers by: – March 29, 2011 Sharecenter_img Share 20 Views   no discussions Tweetlast_img read more

The Latest: Clemson’s Swinney and Brownell taking pay cuts

first_imgIn a statement, the team said that “for the time being, it is in the best interest of the general public and our organization that fans not attend games.”The Ravens said they will continue to work with health officials about finding a way to eventually make the stadium safe for fans during home games.___Jamaican world record holder Usain Bolt says on social media he is awaiting the result of a coronavirus test and is quarantining himself as a precaution.The 34-year-old retired sprinter who won gold in the 100 and 200 meters at the last three Olympics posted a video Monday on his official Instagram account to explain the situation. Cleveland Browns coach Kevin Stefanski was one of the numerous COVID-19 false positive tests reported Sunday by the NFL’s lab partner.Stefanski was at home with his wife and three children when he got word that he may have the virus.“It wasn’t fun,” Stefanski said on a Zoom call. “I can laugh about it now, but truly it wasn’t fun to have that phone call very early in the morning and not get news that it was potentially an error until later.”Stefanski said he immediately left his house as not to put his family in any more danger. He went to a condominium near the team’s facility where he stayed before moving his family to Ohio from Minnesota in the offseason. He spent the previous 13 seasons on the Vikings’ staff.It took four hours before Stefanski learned he was negative. He was not able to coach on Sunday, when the Browns initially called off their workout before holding it when they learned of the flawed lab results. Iowa announced initial budget reductions in July, and after the Big Ten pulled the plug on fall football earlier this month the Hawkeyes announced Friday they would drop men’s gymnastics, men’s tennis, and men’s and women’s swimming and diving. Barta said there are no plans to eliminate other sports and figures it will take about 15 years for the athletic department to pay off the loan. He said he had a “guestimate” for how much money Iowa could bring in from post-Jan. 1 football, but he declined to disclose the figure.___The Baltimore Ravens won’t have any fans at home games for the first part of the upcoming season because of the coronavirus pandemic. The team had outlined a plan to accommodate a crowd of 7,500, but decided against it “based on the recommendations of public health experts.” Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney and men’s basketball coach Brad Brownell are among 15 members of the school’s athletic department taking a voluntary 10% salary cut as a way to offset expected losses due to the coronavirus pandemic. ___Duke will open its season for football and other fall sports with no fans at home games because of the coronavirus pandemic.Duke says traditional parking lots used by fans on gameday will be closed. The school will contact football fans who have purchased season or single-game tickets or have seating and suite contracts in Blue Devil Tower regarding potential options.The school will allow fans to purchase a fan cutout of a person or pet to be placed in seats for football games. The school will offer varied packages and stadium locations along with weekly prize drawings and the ability to have football coach David Cutcliffe autograph the cutout.The school says sales proceeds will go to Duke Athletics for student-athlete support. Attendance for the first two games in West Point, New York, is expected to be limited to the Corps of Cadets and exclude the general public.Decisions on fan attendance for the remaining home games at Michie Stadium will be decided later.The Black Knights will open the season Sept. 5 at home against Middle Tennessee State. The rest of the home slate includes Louisiana-Monroe, BYU, Abilene Christian, The Citadel, Mercer, Air Force and Georgia Southern.Road games are at UTSA, Tulane and Philadelphia for the 121st Army-Navy matchup.___ The university also announced Monday a furlough program for affected employees starting Sept. 1 through the end of the year. Clemson said about half of its full-time employees will be impacted by the cost-saving measures. University President Jim Clements is also subject to the 10% voluntary salary reduction.___An attorney representing the families of 11 Nebraska football players says Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren has not responded to a letter seeking documents and other material outlining specifics of how the conference decided to not play football in the fall.Mike Flood said in a statement that his “clients believe that transparency in decision making is not too much to ask when the health of student athletes, their future opportunities and the very survival of men’s and women’s sporting programs are at stake.” Stefanski did not disclose how many false positives affected the Browns. He said 12 more players need to be cleared before they can practice Monday.The 38-year-old coach praised the Browns for the way they handled “a fire drill” with their virus protocols.— Tom Withers reporting from Cleveland.___Army has finalized its football schedule and the Black Knights will play 11 games, eight at home. Navy and Air Force remain on the schedule. A former speaker of the Nebraska Legislature, Flood asked the conference to produce documents relating to voting by the university presidents as well as meeting minutes and audio and video recordings and transcripts of meetings where votes were cast. He also asked for copies of studies, scientific data and medical information or advice considered by the presidents.Flood threatened to file a federal lawsuit if he didn’t receive the requested material.___Iowa’s athletic department is working to secure a $75 million loan to cushion the blow of losing a projected $100 million in revenue because of the coronavirus pandemic.Athletic director Gary Barta said the Hawkeyes had built a strong financial foundation before the coronavirus forced cancellation of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament and led to the Big Ten’s postponement of football until after Jan. 1. Now the athletic department faces a $60-$75 million deficit.center_img Bundesliga team Schalke has reported a positive case of the coronavirus in an unidentified member of staff at its training camp in Austria.“The affected person is currently self-isolating after the test result. Contact tracing is already underway,” the club says on its website. Schalke was due to play Würzburger Kickers in a friendly game later Monday but that has been called off as the club conducts further tests. Team doctor Patrick Ingelfinger is liaising with local authorities on what the club should do next. “We will do everything we are told to do by the authorities. The health and safety of everyone involved is the most important thing,” sports director Jochen Schneider said. The Latest: Clemson’s Swinney and Brownell taking pay cuts Athletics director Kevin White says it is “imperative to be both adaptable and compliant in anticipation of hosting fans in the near future.”___The Norwegian government says it will make an exception from its travel ban to accommodate a Nations League soccer game against Austria on Sept. 4 in Oslo.Culture and sports minister Abid Q. Raja says “we make this exception to ensure that both teams can field a full crew.”Raja adds “this is not a general exception … this is an exception for this match.” “Good morning everybody. Just waking up. Like everybody, checked social media and saw that social media says I’m confirmed of COVID-19,” he said. “I did a test Saturday, because I work. I’m trying to be responsible, so I’m going to stay in and stay here for my friends.”Bolt added he has no symptoms.“Just to be safe, I’ll quarantine myself and just take it easy,” he said.Bolt set the world records in the 100 and 200 meters at the 2009 world championships in Berlin. He retired after worlds in 2017.___ August 24, 2020 Associated Press Norway captain Omar Elabdellaoui and striker Alexander Soerloth both play in Turkey.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more