All articles about 江宁大学城有学生服务

Families on €100 000 are “struggling”

first_imgLimerick Senator has beef with meat industry RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Local backlash over Aer Lingus threat Facebook TAGSMinister for Finance Michael NoonanpoliticsRichard Boyd BarrettWealth taxWillie O’Dea TD Enterprise Support Grant should include older self-employed people WhatsApp FINANCE Minister Michael Noonan has ruled out the introduction of a wealth tax, claiming that families with an income of more than €100,000 a year are struggling to make ends meet.Responding to People Before Profit TD Richard Boyd Barrett’s calls to introduce a wealth tax on incomes over €100,000, the Limerick Minister said households with such an income were not wealthy.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Speaking in the Dáil last week Minister Noonan added: “They’re barely getting the kids up in the morning and out to school, paying the bills, paying the mortgage, and keeping the car on the road. And if you think a gross income for a couple at €100,000 is wealth, you’re not meeting the real people.”However, Limerick Fianna Fáil TD Willie O’Dea noted that families earning €100,000 a year are “a hell of a lot more wealthy than families with an income of €20,000, who the Government has hit repeatedly”.He told Limerick Post: “If you take a young person aged 25 or 26, before the payments were cut their total income was about €9,500 a year, now, depending on their age category it’s gone underneath that.“Let’s face it, everything is relative, but people on over €100,000 have suffered a lot less under this Government than people earning a lot less. All independent commentators have said that our budgets are regressive and that they are taking more from the poor than from the wealthy.” Advertisementcenter_img Linkedin Previous articleWriters on the lookout for Limerick’s oldest ladyNext articleUL working to develop safer structures John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Twitter Email NewsFamilies on €100 000 are “struggling”By John Keogh – July 11, 2014 836 Jenny Blake | #WeAreLimerick episode 46 Restart Grant Plus will help more Limerick businesses to reopen Rape Crisis welcomes publication of O’Malley reportlast_img read more

Exclusive land release in Buderim gives downsizers a foothold

first_imgSage Landing in Buderim“What excites me most about this project is that Sage Landing will offer purchasers the rare opportunity to own one of the last freehold, level properties just minutes’ walk from Buderim village.” Residents will also enjoy low maintenance gardens and beautifully landscaped public open spaces with direct access to the wonderful Buderim to Palmwoods tramway walking trail.“This is a chance to future-proof your lifestyle by securing a home that both gives you the sought-after Buderim lifestyle and a good investment opportunity,” Mr Pottinger said.Land and home packages at Sage Landing are available to purchase now with the first settlements expected in late 2017. Sage Landing in Buderim“Until now, Buderim buyers have not had the opportunity to buy such a home because over the past 20 years the limited supply of subdivisions on top of Buderim has favoured large expensive homes,” Mr Pottinger said.“Sage Landing offers a quality, contemporary designed, smaller home in an integrated boutique estate. “The bonus is; it’s being delivered by one of the most respected and experienced development teams on the Sunshine Coast in the Reed family.”Sage Landing is in a secluded cul-de-sac, with 13 lots in the initial release, and offers single-level low set homes and larger double-storey floorplans.Lots range in size from 357sq m to 533sq m with home sizes from 188sq m to 289sq m.“These homes are perfect for those looking to downsize — whether they are retirees, empty nesters or families with older children — while still reaping the benefits of a freehold title in a sought-after location,” Mr Reed said. Sage Landing in Buderim“Buderim is on the up-and-up as more and more people realise the great lifestyle on offer.”With Buderim tipped in a report by demographer Bernard Salt to become the “Byron-of-the-North”, Mr Salt said he expected the Sunshine Coast to continue to celebrate local success stories and self-made entrepreneurs resulting in a greater market for artistic patronage.Mr Reed said he supported this view, with Buderim’s boutique village atmosphere, community spirit and proximity to some of the best beaches and hinterland locations in the world, all contributing to the appeal of the suburb.“A number of my family members call Buderim home because it’s safe, leafy and close to all the Coast has to offer; while being slightly removed from the hustle and bustle of areas like the Maroochydore CBD and the tourist hubs of Mooloolaba and Cotton Tree,” Mr Reed said.Ray White Buderim selling agent Lew Pottinger said there was an ever-increasing demand for houses that used space more efficiently, offered low maintenance and smaller energy costs; and suited empty nesters and people looking to downsize from big family homes.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home5 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor5 hours agocenter_img Sage Landing in Buderim has just launched with 13 sites available in its initial release as one of the last freehold sites available.AN EXCLUSIVE estate for downsizers has just been launched in the “Byron of the North’ on the Sunshine Coast.Around 80 people attended the launch of Sage Landing, the latest development from local developer HMR Projects, just a few minutes walk from Buderim’s main street.HMR Projects founder Harry Reed said the start of the project couldn’t have come at a better time as demand for premium properties was building across the Sunshine Coast.“We have an opportunity to create something very unique at Sage Landing given its walking distance from the popular Buderim village precinct and the demand for lock-up-and-leave, premium properties continues to grow,” said Mr Reed.last_img read more

Patriots defeat Amazon Warriors thanks to Brathwaite blitz

first_imgSt. Kitts and Nevis Patriots won the toss and chose to bowl, and initially came under pressure from Martin Guptill, who registered three fours and a six in his 14-ball stay, which was worth 23. Then, Brathwaite and Jonathan Carter added 49 to put the result almost beyond doubt. Brathwaite was the aggressor, striking three sixes and two fours from his 19 balls before being dismissed for 3. Carter was steady, and was not out at the end of the chase. H and Mohammed Nabi secured victory with four wickets and an over in hand. Several of the Patriots’ bowlers emerged with excellent figures – Hasan Ali (2-19), Carlos Brathwaite (1-20) and Mohammad Nabi (0-17) all went at less than a run a ball. In the chase, Guyana Amazon Warriors struck quickly, with Evin Lewis falling LBW to Steven Jacobs with just two runs on the board. Chris Gayle initially looked in good form, striking a six and a four, but fell cheaply, for 15. The two teams meet again today at the same venue. The result was especially harsh on Rayad Emrit, who finished with excellent figures of 2-14 from four overs, including the key wickets of Hafeez and Gayle. The match was the first of two played at the Central Regional Broward Park in Lauderhill, Florida on Saturday. Jonathan Carter (R) and Mohammed Nabi of the St Kitts and Nevis Patriots celebrate victory over the Guyana Amazon Warriors during Match 2 of the 2017 Hero Caribbean Premier League between Guyana Amazon Warriors v St Kitts and Nevis Patriots at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium on August 5, 2017 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. (Photo by Ashley Allen – CPL T20 via Getty Images) A blitz from Carlos Brathwaite was key in seeing St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots home in their first game of the 2017 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) against Guyana Amazon Warriors by four wickets. Earlier, a constricting bowling performance had kept the Patriots’ target to just 123-7. St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots continued to lose wickets – Mohammed Hafeez for 19 to Rayad Emrit, Devon Thomas run out by Rashid Khan, and Brandon King for 11 to Jacobs. They were 57-5 with more than half the overs gone. St. Kitts and Nevis wins toss Azam’s dismissal, caught by Jonathan Carter off Carlos Brathwaite, led to a procession, with no batsman after him making it into double figures. This fact made Chadwick Walton’s steady hand – 60 off 51 balls, three fours, two sixes – all the more valuable in ensuring that his side would at least have something to bowl at. But when he fell, bowled by a Samuel Badree googly, Guyana Amazon Warriors struggled to maintain the scoring rate, picking up just 45 runs from the next nine overs. Babar Azam in particular found it tough going, managing just 21 off his 30 balls, only striking a single boundary. Upcoming Fixtures: Sunday 6 August, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots v Guyana Amazon Warriors (11am), LauderhillSunday 6 August, Jamaica Tallawahs v Barbados Tridents  (3pm), Lauderhilllast_img read more