All articles about 香草419论坛

10 months agoArsenal boss Emery blasts Xhaka critics: We need him there!

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal boss Emery blasts Xhaka critics: We need him there!by Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery insists Granit Xhaka deserves praise for filling in at centre-half.Ahead of their clash with Burnley, Emery was asked whether he was overplaying fit-again Laurent Koscielny.He replied, “But I trust him and we have solutions for who can play in this position. For example, I read a little criticism for our midfielders like Xhaka playing centre back, but I am very happy with him because his mentality is a very big mentality. He helped us, and he played left back too sometimes and I think he played well. This reason, for me, is that I trust in another player and tomorrow we are going to play with the first 11 and other players in the bench with our performance.”I think we’re in a good position to play against Burnley. With respect, but with believing in our work, in our possibilities in other players to play, like a centre back or a midfielder. Above all, I think the mentality is a very big mentality to help us. We have the players and they are playing out of position, like Xhaka and Lichtsteiner last week at Southampton.” last_img read more

Thousands to Participate in NYS Summer Programme

first_imgSome 3,750 spaces are available for secondary and tertiary students between 17 and 24 years of age to participate in the National Youth Service (NYS) Summer Programme 2013.The programme was officially launched by Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna, at a press briefing on Wednesday, April 3, at the NYS offices on Collins Green Avenue, in Kingston.The Minister urged participants in the programme to make good use of the opportunity.“There are not a lot of resources floating around right now in the public service, but the Government is committed to making sure that whatever resources we have, we are focused on youth development in particular areas, as well as children,” Miss Hanna said.Successful applicants in the programme will be placed with public and private sector organisations for a three-week internship period, either in July or August. They will be paid a small stipend of $12,000 for the period to assist with expenses for travelling and meals.Some $57 million has been allocated for the 2013 programme, with 75 per cent of the sum going directly to the participants. At least 10 per cent of the figure to be placed will be persons with disabilities.For her part, Chairman of the Board of the NYS, Maureen Webber, also urged the participants to make good use of the opportunity being offered to them.“It is important for persons who are applying to understand that they are coming in for a work opportunity, and they need to be focused and committed,” she said.Applicants should submit a completed application form with photograph attached; identification, such as Passport, National Identification Card, Driver’s Licence or School Identification Card; Birth Certificate; and Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) to the NYS office in their parish by April 26.Preference will be given to individuals with three or more Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate (CSEC) subjects.Applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be invited to attend an interview. Selected participants will be informed and invited to an orientation session. They will also be invited to open a bank account, if they do not currently possess an account. The orientation is intended to reinforce the importance of strong work ethics and prepare participants to function effectively in a work environment.During placement, it is expected that participants will practise the values taught during the orientation process and gain meaningful experience, while appreciating the concept of voluntarism.By Latonya Linton, JIS Reporterlast_img read more

US likely to give 6 months notice to withdraw from NAFTA reports

first_imgCanadian government officials say there’s an increasing likelihood that the U.S. will give six months’ notice to withdraw from the North American Free Trade Agreement, according to separate reports from Reuters and Bloomberg.The Canadian dollar and the Toronto stock index fell on the news.The Loonie closed at an average trading price of 80.03 cents US, down 0.27 of a U.S. cent.The S&P/TSX composite index lost 71.29 points to 16,247.95, with industrials among the main decliners.The rate on Canada’s two-year government bonds declined seven basis points to 1.73 per cent, dropping from a six-year high reached Tuesday.CIBC chief economist Avery Shenfeld says a Bank of Canada interest rate hike next week is not a given.“The existing Bank of Canada forecast had assumed no change in trade relationships, so this is a negative for their outlook,” said Shenfeld.Talks to overhaul NAFTA between the U.S., Canada and Mexico began in August but have so far yielded few results. A sixth round of negotiations will begin this month in Montreal.last_img read more

STARS Air Ambulance seeking support to renew helicopter fleet

first_imgAccording to Robertson, following the assessment, STARS made the decision to replace the entire fleet by 2022.Robertson says the process of renewing the fleet will be a combination of government contributions, selling the old fleet, and starting a capital campaign. The target of the campaign is $4 million for the Grande Prairie base, with Shell Canada already donating $500,000.Currently, STARS operates an Airbus BK117 helicopter which will be replaced by an Airbus H145 helicopter.STARS is an organization funded by individual donors, service groups, corporate donors and government contributions which provides rapid and specialized emergency care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients across Western Canada.For more information on STARS and to make a donation, you can visit stars.ca. GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – STARS Air Ambulance is seeking support to renew its aging helicopter fleet.STARS President and CEO, Andrea Robertson, says they are using the same helicopter fleet since starting operations in 1985 and launched an independent assessment to start looking at renewing the fleet.“We started STARS in 1985, and as it turns out, we’ve been flying the same aircraft for that entire period of time. We knew they were getting old, so we got some independent assessments done, which told us they are pretty much getting to be at end of life.”last_img read more

SC lifts Sreesanths life ban its BCCIs call now

first_imgNew Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday cancelled life ban on India cricketer S. Sreesanth and asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to reconsider his punishment. Sreesanth was arrested by Delhi Police along with Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan on charges of spot-fixing during the 2013 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In a relief for the pace bowler, the apex court set aside the life ban imposed on him as a bench headed by Ashok Bhushan asked the BCCI to consider the quantum of punishment on Sreesanth. The top court though maintained that he is guilty of betting/match-fixing. Delhi Police had arrested Sreesanth from his friend’s house while Chandila and Chavan had been picked up from the team hotel as the three were plying their trade for Rajasthan Royals in the T20 league.last_img read more

Allegri Im happy for Ronaldo

first_imgJuventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is “happy” to see Cristiano Ronaldo open his goalscoring account for the club after netting a brace in Sunday’s 2-1 win over SassuoloAfter three games without a goal to his name, Ronaldo answered his critics on Sunday with both of Juventus’ goals to hand the Old Lady all three points.It means that Juventus are the only side to have won all four of their Serie A fixtures.And Allegri was certain that it was only a matter of time before Ronaldo would score for the Bianconeri.“He came very close in his first three games,” Allegri told the club website.Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic, Manchester UnitedVidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.“I think he rushed a couple of chances today – it looked like he was absolutely desperate to score.“Football has a way of evening things out and that was the story of the first goal, with the ball bouncing off the post and sitting up for him. The second goal was brilliant. I’m happy for him.“Sassuolo are a good side. They made it hard for us in the first half, but they dropped off a bit in the second half and we were able to tip the game in our favour.”Juventus will next face Valencia on Wednesday for their opening game of the Champions League group stages.last_img read more

Luis Enrique Rodri can surpass Busquets

first_imgThe British publication, FourFourTwo, have broadcasted the words of Spain national team head coach Luis Enrique concerning Atletico Madrid midfielder Rodri.According to the former Barcelona manager, the 22-year-old hotshot has all characteristics to become a ‘new Sergio Busquets.’Although Rodri is yet to establish himself as a regular starter at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano following his summer’s arrival from Villarreal, Enrique seems to be a huge fan of the prosperous youngster.“I have already spoken about their similarities,” he told a news conference.“It’s not good to give too much praise and he is very young, but Rodri comes across as very professional and prepared mentally.“He can reach Busquets’ level and maybe surpass it. Who knows what limits he has?”Robert Moreno says he would step aside if Luis Enrique asks him Manuel R. Medina – September 3, 2019 The Spanish national team manager, Robert Moreno, took the job after Luis Enrique stepped down because his nine-year-old daughter passed away after a bone tumor.Rodri will be better than Barcelona icon Busquets – Luis Enrique https://t.co/ohoDJdkoz2 pic.twitter.com/VRS5qnE5za— Goal Nigeria (@GoalcomNigeria) October 4, 2018Now it’s up to the Rodri to give his answer on the field, but a comparison with a figure such as Busquets can only be flattering.The highly-rated midfielder will in the Spain squad for the matches against Wales and England along with Busquets, as well as, his two Atletico companions, Saul Niguez and Koke.last_img read more