To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The Corruption Eradication Commission has announced it will limit visits to its detention center amid the COVID-19 pandemic.The statement came after the Law and Human Rights Ministry’s Correctional Directorate General announced preventive measures to prevent an outbreak in correctional facilities, namely prisons, jails and child prisons.“This is a temporary restriction. People that are sick and have high temperatures will not be allowed in,” Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) spokesperson Ali Fikri said on Tuesday as quoted by Antara . In a previous statement, the Correctional Directorate General said it planned to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak in prisons by spraying disinfectant and providing personal hygiene items such as hand sanitizer and soap, as well as body temperature gauges.“[Prisons will also] ensure that employees, adult and child prisoners have a body temperature of below 37.5 degrees Celsius,” acting corrections director general Nugroho said on the statement.Visits to 524 prisons across the country will only be suspended if respective regional administrations declare a COVID-19 emergency after coordinating with the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB).Ali, however, said the KPK’s investigations would proceed as usual, adding that all suspects and witnesses were required undergo body temperature checks. All witnesses and suspects whose body temperatures are above normal will be reported to the prosecution deputy and the KPK’s clinic.The KPK instructed its employees to work from home March 18 to 31 but some will still go into the office in shifts. The antigraft body’s headquarters will also be disinfected on Wednesday and Thursday.The agency’s secretary-general briefed employees regarding the prevention of the disease’s spread. “KPK employees are well-educated and well-informed about the COVID-19 pandemic,” Ali said.As of Wednesday morning, Indonesia has reported 172 confirmed cases of COVID-19.(mfp)Topics :
Mrs White bought the home for $2.05m three years ago.The five bedrooms are spread over the two levels of the home.Property records reveal Mrs White bought the home in 2014 for $2.05 million. The property is an 810sq m block.MAKEUP queen Debby White, cosmetics and brands manager at Terry White Chemmart, is selling her five-bedroom Queenslander in Clayfield.Mrs White has listed the home with a price guide of $2.295 million.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home4 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor4 hours agoThe Clayfield home was originally built in 1901.Marion Sheerman of Ray White New Farm has the listing.The home was built around 1901 and is on a 810sq m block. It has been renovated and has a large deck which has views of Mount Nebo and Mount Glorious.
More than 250 Bechtel workers employed at Chevron’s Wheatstone project have reportedly signed a petition alleging „serious workplace bullying incidents.“The petition calls on Chevron contractor Bechtel to treat worker’s concerns with the seriousness and respect required, after a worksite manager allegedly used profanity and bullying tactics on multiple occasions when speaking to employees in an effort to offend and intimidate them, the Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union said in a statement earlier this week.According to AMWU, the alleged behavior took place on or around the middle of July on multiple occasions and included referring to workers as “rats“ and “no better than paedophiles”.The workers petition calls on Chevron mechanical contractor Bechtel, one of the largest civil engineering and construction companies in the world to “expect a higher standard and lead by example”.The workers also state that Bechtel has failed to ensure a bully free workplace, and that they have no faith in the named manager to be able to organize and manage workers on his shift. Workers organized a mass meeting about the incidents at which 260 workers signed the petition to formalize their position.However, AMWU said, Bechtel rejected the petition, asking workers to lodge individual complaints through the disputes process.The workers have since delegated the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union to represent them in this matter.AMWU State Secretary Steve McCartney said it was a disgrace that the initial concerns of workers had been brushed aside and that the manager in question was still working.“We’re not going to stand by while Bechtel bury this issue under layers of company bureaucracy that never finds an answer,” said McCartney.“Given what we know about the mental health stresses already faced by FIFO workers, it is completely unacceptable that a company with this many staff working remotely seems to have no intention of preventing behavior like this.“This is a company who ignored all the recommendations of the State Government inquiry into FIFO mental health.“They think because it’s a remote site, no one will notice. But we have noticed, and we’re going to represent these workers, because everyone deserves a safe workplace free from bullying and abuse.“This is one of the biggest projects in Australia and it’s shameful that two of the largest companies involved, Bechtel and Chevron, seemingly won’t hold its management to a higher standard.“Companies like this always welcome tougher ABCC regulations to deal with workers but won’t hold their management to account and it’s completely hypocritical.“Our members have called upon us to ensure this company treats their workers with the same level of respect they always demand of their employees, and to that end we will fight on their behalf.”Offshore Energy Today has reached out to both, Bechtel and Chevron seeking comment on these allegations.WheatstoneThe Chevron-run Wheatstone LNG project, labeled as one of Australia’s largest resource projects, will develop the Wheatstone, Iago, Julimar and Brunello offshore gas fields in Australia. The Wheatstone and nearby Iago natural gas resources are located about 200km (124 miles) north of Onslow off Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. The Julimar and Brunello fields will tie back to the central processing platform.Presenting the company’s quarterly results late in July, Chevron’s CEO John Watson said first production from the Wheatstone LNG Project “is expected next month,” that is, in August 2017.
Anglican Church League 9 May 2018Family First Comment: Standing for truth…“Here’s a response from The Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans New Zealand to the decision by the Anglican Church in NZ to allow the blessing of same-sex relationships: “We believe the General Synod has acted in a way which leaves behind biblical authority, the apostolic tradition, and the doctrine and practice our church has always held. Upon the passing of the motion General Synod members Rev. Jay Behan (Chair of FCANZ) and Rev. Al Drye immediately resigned. …”The Pacific arm of the Anglican Church has opted not to support a move that could lead to the church officially recognising same-sex marriage.www.ProtectMarriage.nzHere’s a response from The Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans New Zealand to today’s decision by the Anglican Church in NZ to allow the blessing of same-sex relationships:“We believe the General Synod has acted in a way which leaves behind biblical authority, the apostolic tradition, and the doctrine and practice our church has always held. Upon the passing of the motion General Synod members Rev. Jay Behan (Chair of FCANZ) and Rev. Al Drye immediately resigned. …”“It is with deep sadness that the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans New Zealand (FCANZ) receives the news that General Synod/Te Hinota Whanui has passed the Motion 29 Report allowing the blessing of same-sex relationships. While we are thankful for the gracious spirit in which the debate was held, we disagree with the final outcome. We believe the General Synod has acted in a way which leaves behind biblical authority, the apostolic tradition, and the doctrine and practice our church has always held. Upon the passing of the motion General Synod members Rev. Jay Behan (Chair of FCANZ) and Rev. Al Drye immediately resigned.FCANZ believes that God loves all people, from all walks of life, calling each of us to repent and have faith in Jesus Christ. Sometimes speaking of this love involves saying difficult things that run counter to the culture of today. However we remain convinced that it is good for all humanity and the only place for the church to stand.In light of the decision of the General Synod we are ready to support people and parishes that cannot remain within this changed Anglican structure. We will work together nationally and internationally to provide fellowship and support as we look towards new ways and structures of ministering the unchanging good news of Jesus.”READ MORE: http://acl.asn.au/fcanz-response-to-the-blessing-of-same-sex-relationships/Pacific Anglican church says no to same-sex marriageRadio NZ News 11 May 2018The Pacific arm of the Anglican Church has opted not to support a move that could lead to the church officially recognising same-sex marriage.Church leaders have been meeting in New Zealand for their biennial synod where various motions were debated.A majority group of members supported a motion to allow bishops to authorise blessings of same-sex relationships.However, Anglican churches in the Pacific opted out of the debate by passing a resolution that they would not vote on the issue.READ MORE: http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/357064/pacific-anglican-church-says-no-to-same-sex-marriage
American Airlines planePassengers on the American Airlines flight to Paris fought when one tried to recline their seatA US flight bound for Europe has been diverted after a mid-air fight broke out between passengers over legroom – the second such incident in a week.The American Airlines flight from Miami to Paris was forced to land in Boston on Wednesday, after a male passenger argued with a woman who reclined her seat in front of him.Air marshalls who were travelling on the plane intervened to stop the fight.Edmund Alexandre, a 61-year-old from Paris, was arrested in Boston.He has been charged with interfering with the crew on the flight.Knee defenderMr Alexandre was reported to have become upset when the female passenger tried to recline her seat, according to a statement released by prosecutors.When a member of the flight crew tried to calm Mr Alexandre down, he is said to have become more angry and grabbed the man’s arm.The fight follows a similar incident on Sunday, which forced a United Airlines flight from Newark to Denver to divert to Chicago.A heated argument broke out between a male and female passenger when the man attempted to use a Knee-Defender – a device which prevents the person travelling in front from reclining the seat.The woman sitting in front of him reacted by standing up, turning around and throwing a cup of water at him.Police investigated the incident but said it was a customer service issue.BBC News Tweet Share Share Sharing is caring! BusinessLifestyleTravel Legroom row diverts second US flight by: – August 29, 2014 Share 283 Views no discussions
Brookville, In. — The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, Margaret Mary Health and Stayin’ Alive are holding a “Prescription Drug Take Back” event Friday, April 26 at the Brookville Tire Mart from 6 to 8 p.m.The intent is to prevent prescription drug abuse, theft and pollution through proper disposal of prescription drugs.This program is for liquid and pill medications. Needles, new or used and aerosols will not be accepted for disposal. This service is free and anonymous with no questions asked.
BIG PICTUREIllinois had a tougher time than expected, but got the home win against a team they were expected to beat handily. The win keeps Illinois positioned for a post-season run.Nebraska played well, especially in the first half, but couldn’t overcome Illinois’ talent, speed and defense. The loss of Mack was noticeable, despite a yeoman’s job by Burke.UP NEXTNebraska hosts No. 23 on Thursday. February 24, 2020 Illinois hopes for another key conference win when it travels to last-place Northwestern on Thursday.___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25 Associated Press Nebraska was playing without second-leading scorer Cam Mack (12 points per game average), who missed the trip to Champaign with the flu. Monday’s loss was a school-record 12th consecutive loss for the Cornhuskers.The first half was close, but Illinois went on a 6-0 run capped by a 70-foot shot at the buzzer by Frazier that was all net. The Illini led 37-31 at the break.Nebraska outscored Illinois 15-9 to open the second half and tied the game at 46 with 15:11 left. But Illinois used its athleticism and size to put together a 21-9 run to create a 10-point cushion the Cornhuskers couldn’t overcome.Illinois was 28 of 71 from the field (29%), while Nebraska was 24 of 57 (42%). Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditCHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Ayo Dosunmu scored 18 points and freshman center Kofi Cockburn added 15 points and 10 rebounds to lead Illinois past Nebraska 71-59 on Monday.Trent Frazier and Andres Feliz added 11 points each for Illinois (18-9, 10-6). Illinois moved into a five-way tie for second place in the Big Ten Conference.Haanif Cheatham led Nebraska (7-20, 2-14) with 14 points. Dachon Burke Jr. scored 13 points and Yvan Ouedraogo and Thorir Thorbjarnarson had 11 each. Illinois downs Nebraska 71-59 behind Dosunmu
Club captain Pat O’Connor believes there are signs that their fortunes will change for the better soon.Both matches kick-off at 2.30pm. Unbeaten Nenagh Ormond travel north to face Malone in their latest Division 2A fixture.The North Tipp club were well beaten by Cork Constitution in the Munster Senior Cup last time out so they’ll no doubt be keen to get back on track at Gibson Park.Cashel, who are currently bottom of the table, host familiar foes Blackrock at Spafield this afternoon.
Moments later, the hit-man, who was the MVP of the Low Cup at this year’s Lagos International Polo tournament, combined with his older sibling Saidu to double their lead which they held till the end of the first chukka. MR Steam has Suleman Bello (0), Mukhtar Adama (1), Abdulahi Hashmi (2)and Murtla Aliyu (2) and it was their hitman Aliyu who sparked their revival with a low shot at the start of the second chukka to make scores 2-1.He was to have two unsuccessful 60 yard shots the last of which was expertly stopped on the goal line by Ahmadu Umar. Seidu got his name on the scoresheet to keep their two-goal lead but Aliyu got a goal again just before the bell to keep his team within a touching distance as the chukka ends 3-2 advantage to Jericho.Scores were levelled barely two minutes into the penultimate chukka as Aliyu finished off with a low drive after a breakaway but Ahmadu scored again to give the Ibadan-based team a 4-3 lead. And soon after he once again brilliantly stopped Aliyu’s mid-air shot. Saidu Umar closes scoring in the final seconds of the chukka to make score 5-3.The goal of the day came from Ahmadu – a coast-to-coast breakaway – to give Jericho a 6-4 lead after Aliyu scored his side’s fourth goal.Four matches are on the schedule for today in the 15-team UNICEF Cup with Susplan needing to avoid defeat against AGAD in order to be in contention for the knock-out stage beginning Saturday. Other matches will see Hamdan take on Iyatu Farms, Valda battle Seamans and Titan/STL confront Spring Villes.Meanwhile, kids are set for one of the grandest moments of their lives as Access Bank Plc today celebrate the Nigerian child at the ongoing polo tournament with a special Children’s Day event.The Children’s Day event which will feature over 200 school pupils from selected schools around Kaduna city and its environs, will see tthem spend a whole day at the foremost Kangimi Resort, venue of the charity polo event, has received accolades from prominent members of the society.This event has become a special part of the charity polo tournament which started nine years ago with Access Bank as main sponsor.The Emir of Hadeja, HRH. Adamu Abubakar Maje performed the traditional opening ceremony formalities while Special Guest of Honour, the former Governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shema, lauded the Access Bank commitment to the UNICEF campaign for children rights and the Children’s Day initiative that would further deepen the initiative.They both single out the unequalled involvement of Access Bank in promoting charitable efforts, polo and sports generally in the country, as strategic platform to alleviate poverty in the society and redirect youths away from societal vices as worthy of emulation.Executive Director Personal Banking Access Bank Plc, Victor Etuokwo had earlier disclosed that the special day which would see the children having fun and try their hands in various sporting events and sketching, as part of the bank’s corporate social responsibility, and one of the ways of giving back to the society.“Apart from being a major stakeholder in the promotion of polo for years now, we also decided to partner UNICEF and the organisers in this Children’s Day event as part of our the Nigerian child development initiatives,” he added.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram 2016 ACCESS BANK/UNICEF POLO* Children’s Day celebration takes centre stageThe 2016 Access Bank/UNICEF Charity Shield Polo Tournament continued yesterday at the Fifth Chukker Polo and Country Club, Kaduna with Jericho out-galloping MR Steam 6-4 in Match-day 2 of the UNICEF Cup.Jericho made up of Koyin Owoeye (0), Saidu Umar (2), Ahmadu Umar (3) and Babawo Lawal (0) were the first to threaten as Owoeye had his goal-bound shot blocked by Suleman Bello but three-goaler Umar soon shot them in front with a 60-yarder.